Government Healthcare Staffing: Practice with a Purpose
Providing medical services at government facilities is the perfect way to enjoy the flexibility of a locum tenens lifestyle, the reward of giving back to communities in need, and acquired experience in treating new patient populations. Government positions allow physicians and advanced practice professionals to make a meaningful difference in the lives of others who have served our country, Native American Nations, or underserved communities.
Medical Doctor Associates (MDA) has provided healthcare staffing services to nearly 2,000 government medical facilities since 1987. We are dedicated to helping you find the government healthcare job that best meets your career goals and charitable aspirations. Contact a MDA Recruiter regarding a wide variety of current and future government opportunities.
- Indian Reservation Health Facilities
- Veteran’s Affairs Hospitals and Clinics
- Department of Defense Medical Treatment Facilities
- Statewide Service Programs (DFPS)
- University Hospitals and Clinics
- You can work in the heart of a major metropolitan city, like New York, Los Angeles or Washington DC
- You can also work in unique settings such as remote Indian Reservations or an Alaskan village
- Government opportunities are available for physicians and advanced practice professionals in all specialties, including:
- Primary Care
- Internal Medicine
- Emergency Medicine
- Nurse Practitioners
- Physician Assistants
- And many more
- Typical assignments last a few days, 12 weeks, 6 months, or 1-5 years. Each opportunity is unique.
- Federal assignments (Veteran’s and Indian Health) requires a current license from any State, Territory, or Commonwealth of the United State or the District of Columbia
- State run facilities, including Universities, require an active, unrestricted, unencumbered license specific to that state.
- Improved Work/life balance including standard hours and, in most cases, with little to no call or overtime required
- Predictable work schedules allow you to focus on providing quality care rather than patient volume
- Opportunity to give back to your country by serving the Veterans, Native Americans, and disadvantaged populations that desperately need your advanced skills and services
- The opportunity to participate in rich and diverse cultural experiences
- Reduced administrative burden
- MDA has a wide variety of unique opportunities
- You will be assigned a designated Recruiter and Credentialing Specialist to assist you every step of the way.
- Obtaining a government clearance makes you a preferred candidate at other government facilities
- Government clearances are good from 1-5 years.
- MDA can offer seamless transfers between VA facilities nationwide
- MDA provides travel and housing allowance if traveling more than 75 miles
- MDA can provide relocation assistance for long-term commitments.
Locum tenens physician and advanced practitioner assignments within government agencies provide excellent opportunities for advancement and leadership. In fact, after gaining experience in Veterans Affairs or Indian Health Services, many physicians have gone on to top administrative or medical director positions at private institutions. To learn more about our government services, please contact the MDA Government team at 1.800.780.3500.