Tim Fischer, President of Medical Doctor Associates, recently watched a presentation that really spoke to him personally. Its focus was the connection between happiness and success. Read his thoughts on the topic, and see if you agree:
I watched a great Ted Talk recently. The talk was on happiness. Here are my takeaways and several things that I personally am going to try to improve upon in my life:
1. Happiness is a choice AND an advantage.
2. The greatest predictors of success in life:
- Optimism. The belief that YOUR behavior matters.
- Strong social connection. Having a positive support network who focuses on the positive instead of the negative in every situation.
- Perceiving stress as a challenge. You decide whether stress is bad or enhancing.
3. 75% of a person’s success is based on the three predictors above. 25% is based on intelligence and skills.
4. What are some advantages of being happy?
- 3 times more creativity
- 31% more productive
- 40% more likely to receive a promotion
- 23% fewer fatigue symptoms
- 39% more likely to live to the age of 94
- 37% greater sales
5. Every single part of your life is better with happiness. Work, family, relations with your spouse, parenting.
How do you create sustainable positive change?
- Express gratitude to 3 different people each day for 21 days.
- Pick one positive experience each day and write 3-4 specific things you remember about it.
- Exercise: Try to do 30 minutes of cardio or other exercise each day.
- Meditation/Prayer for at least two minutes daily.
- Conscious act of kindness 21 days in a row: Do something for someone with no expectation for anything in return. This also increases your positive support network, which is one of the 3 predictors of success.
Give it a try. It works. Hope you all have a productive day and wonderful weekend!
Get Started on Your Happiness Today with an Opportunity from MDA
When you work with MDA, one of our experienced, specialty-specific recruiters will work to find you physician and advanced practitioner locum tenens opportunities that suit your strengths, skills, schedule and geographic preferences. In other words, a career that helps you create the happiness you want and truly deserve!