CRNAs, Experience Professional Flexibility with Locum Tenens
Just as healthcare facilities have enlisted advanced practitioners to fill roles once held by physicians, they have also begun to use certified registered nurse anesthetists (CRNAs) to provide anesthesia care. And CRNAs who are flexible and willing to work as locum tenens professionals are in even greater demand.
What is Locum Tenens?
“Locum tenens” means “to hold a place.” Locum tenens professionals fill in for providers while they are on family leave, vacation, professional training, etc. Healthcare facilities also use locum tenens providers for many reasons, which include helping with seasonal coverage needs, starting new service lines, and preventing provider burnout.
Demand for CRNAs
The need for anesthesiology providers is clear. As of 2017, there were approximately 42,000 CRNAs and 35,000 anesthesiologists in the U.S. – a low number, considering that around 326 million people live here. CRNAs are in high demand for outpatient care centers, universities, physician’s offices, as well as hospital OR’s.” (Bureau of Labor Statistics).
With competitive compensation, various benefits, and wide-ranging opportunities, positions for locum tenens CRNAs abound. Here’s a look at some of the reasons CRNAs choose to go locum tenens and to work with our Medical Doctor Associates (MDA) recruiters to find the perfect fit.
The reasons physicians and advanced practitioners cite for working locums are nearly as varied as the number of medical specialties practiced today. Here are some of the most common reasons for choosing to live the locums lifestyle:
- Flexibility – As a locum tenens provider, you choose when and where you work. Whether you’re looking to spend more time with your family, step back from work but not fully retire, or enjoy life’s other pursuits, locum tenens could be a great fit.
- Variety – Keeping things fresh can breathe new life into your career. If you find that your current path is becoming stagnant, locum tenens work can help you tap into the passion that initially drew you into the field.
- Independence – As a locum tenens practitioner, you are an independent contractor and are completely free to determine the direction of your career. You can practice medicine as much as you like or on a limited basis. You are in control.
- Relationships – Working locum tenens provides a chance to establish yourself within a healthcare family. You can cultivate relationships and determine how well you fit with a particular facility and whether you want to make it a permanent home.
- Compensation – Payment for our CRNAs who work locum tenens ranges from around $105 - $145/hour. With the added benefit of housing and travel reimbursements, you will enjoy competitive compensation along with the freedom of being a locum tenens provider.
- Adventure – Locum tenens professionals get to explore and see new places. They are needed across the country in rural and urban settings and everywhere in between. This is an ideal way to combine work and travel.
- Freedom – The administrative work of a traditional medical practice can detract from what providers do best – caring for patients. Working as a locum tenens professional eases the paperwork burden and frees time for more enjoyable and essential activities.
- Opportunity – With the demand for CRNAs at all-time highs, there are many wonderful possibilities! CRNAs can seek out locum tenens opportunities directly from healthcare facilities, or they can work with a staffing agency.
Why Choose MDA?
No matter your specialty, every physician and advanced practitioner shares a common mission: Care for All. At Medical Doctor Associates, Care for All is our business and our purpose. From the first moments of life to the very last, you are right there with patients. MDA is devoted to helping you live well in this lifelong devotion to wellness. We are proud to offer our locum tenens CRNAs:
- $1,000 bonus – In addition to your hourly pay, MDA pays $1,000 bonus after your first 80 hours worked with the agency
- Comprehensive professional liability insurance – Provided by an A++ rated insurance company
- Direct deposit – Fast and easy electronic payment
- Travel and housing – Reimbursement provided
- Nationwide opportunities – Access to many CRNA positions through our extensive network
- Variety – A wide range of assignments, varying in length and location
- Award-winning agency – Our accolades include the Diamond Award, Inavero Best of Staffing
- Years of experience – We have been providing staffing services since 1987
- Reputation – We have a 4.8/5.0 score on accolades
- NCQA certified CVO to assist with risk management and onboarding process
- Testimonials – Check out our excellent reviews
Get Started with MDA
When you work with MDA, one of our experienced, specialty-specific recruiters will work to find you CRNA locum tenens opportunities that suit your strengths, skills, schedule and geographic preferences. If you’re interested in locum tenens, it’s easy to get started with us.
Call 1.800.780.3500 and ask to speak with a recruiter who represents CRNAs. Your recruiter will guide you through every step of the locum tenens process to ensure that you find the opportunity you want while receiving the superior service you deserve.